Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V10 #117

> Subject: Howard Stern
>
> While watching Fox news this morning, either one of
> Stern's cronies or some fucked up listener called in
> saying they were the parent of one of the rescued
> POW's/MIA's.  Luckily they were able to cut him off
> before he said too much more.
>
> I lost interest in Howard Stern's show about a
> decade
> ago.  I remember he used to do this kind of thing
> then.  But, this is crossing the line........pisses
> me
> off.
>
> I feel a letter to Stern formulating as we speak.
> Again, this crosses the line.  I know there are alot
> of Stern fan's but........unless it was just
> some stupid Stern listener being an asshole.  They
> should ship him off to Tikrit.  Hopefully they can
> trace that call.  Maybe a public flogging?
>
> Jo
>
> - ------------------------------
>
> I have been an avid Howard Stern fan for years, and
> by
> actually LISTENING I've learned a few things-
>
> 1)He fully supports our troops.
>
> 2)He truly dislikes The Who.
>
> 3) If you write, e-mail or call - you have
> officially
> laid your head on the chopping block and handed him
> an
> axe.
>
> Howard is supposed to piss you off at times, it's
> about finding that safe line and leaping across it
> (somewhat like the music of a certain band).
>
> He doesn't have time to make phony phone calls, but
> few of his listeners will send these things to him
> in
> an attempt to get airtime on the show.  And yes,
> alot
> of his listeners are a-holes, just like alot of Who
> fans.  When he blasted Entwistle DURING HIS EULOGY,
> was furious!  But f - me if alot of what he said
> wasn't true.
>
> The entire premise of the show is confrontational,
> and
> I for one would rather be engaged (positive or
> negative) by an artist, than lulled back into line
> by
> the pap the media feels we stupid little ratings
> points deserve.
>
> Soapbox is put back away now.  Seriously though,
> don't
> do it - given the chance he'll eat you alive.

I actually heard the bit this morning - Captain Janks
(a regular Stern caller) said that the POW's "passed
their time by exchanging Howard Stern stories."  Aside
from being factually incorrect, I found absolutely
nothing offensive about this at all.

=====
But where is the ambiguity?  It's over there, in a box.
http://tax.yahoo.com