Re: English Boy rambles again (No Who)

Greg, re:

> Carter was a weakling as president.  He failed to see what the evil doers of
> the world were doing while he ran the country.  Our military was at its
> lowest ebb ever and the Soviets moved around the world with impunity seeking
> to spread their tentacles.  One of the most illuminating things that I have
> seen from de-classified former Soviet intel assessments is how they felt
> Carter was a weakling and that they could pretty much do what they wanted
> when they wanted without fear of the USA crossing them in the Cold War!

While I don't disagree with your assertion that he is an honest man, his
good work in the form of Habitat for Humanity are being obscured by a world
view that is as weak and naove as it was when he was President.  He inserted
himself into the North Korean situation in the mid '90's to broker an
"agreement" that was never honored by Pyongyang, and has been extremely
outspoken against our efforts to get rid of Hussein (although he has been
strangely quiet lately...).

For this, he won a Nobel Peace prize.   Unbelievable.

BTW Greg...long time, no see.  Hope all is well.

Drew