Re: PW an embarrassment; Fox on the run

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:41:46 -0700 (PDT), Zenswhen
<bushchoked@yahoo.com> wrote:

>You have to keep in mind right wingers believe that non-political middle of the road thinking like "blacks/gays deserve equal rights" is seen by them as "liberal."

Gee, you're not *too* prejudiced, are you? Or do you always like to
slander large groups of people?

>None of the news on CNN is biased. In fact, no one was more pro-war than CNN. Moneyline, too, is very conservative.

CNN pro-war?! Now *that's* funny! Christiane Amanpour-arafat is
pro-war, too, right? <G>

>>Was it some sort of "official AP" thing or an opinion piece?
>
>Leslie:
>
>AP doesn't have opinion pieces.

They don't? I know the other wire services run/syndicate some. They do
lots of analysis pieces -- some are very good, others are laughable.

>>Another difference is that you never see a US flag at an anti-war
>
>That is not illegal (yet). And the pro-war people have caused their share of inconvenience and disruption, if perhaps not the ones you attended.

Nobody said it should be illegal. Why are you trying to create a straw
man?

As for the pro-USA rallies, how many have caused "inconvenience and
disruption"? Got any dates, places, etc.? Most of the ones I've
attended have been on weekends, although there was a massive
pro-America rally outside the WTC site yesterday. When things got a
little crowded there, police officers on bullhorns started directing
people to different locations around the site, to clear up the streets
and sidewalks.

And, again, I have yet to see any pro-America ralliers assault the
police or the police horses.

>The bottom line is it seems free speech is only protected if it's pro-war. One can say any nasty thing about Clinton, but if you dare to say you are against Bush's unwarranted war, you go to jail. And frankly that's skating a little too close to Nazi Germany for my tastes.

Who has gone to jail for nothing more than criticizing President Bush
and/or the war? If someone has been arrested for that and only that --
not assaulting police, not resisting arrest, not unlawful assembly,
etc. -- I will be among the first to rally for his or her immediate
release from jail.

And if you're comparing this country to Nazi Germany, I am chagrined
to admit that until now I had seriously overestimated you.

ObWho: For some reason, I never liked Pinball Wizard -- except for the
live versions. There are some songs I love live but can't listen to
the studio versions, and vice versa.

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org