PW an embarrassment; Fox on the run

>From: Zenswhen
>Subject: Re: PW an embarrassment; Fox on the run
>
>> I think we're talking about two different things. Guess it's a matter of
what the definition of "commercial" is.

>"Created specifically to make money" would be my definition.

Funny.  You see, I'm not sure I even put PW in that category.
I'm not sure why, but to me there seems to be this distinction between a
strictly "commercial" *song*, using your definition, vs. PW which was
created to win favor of a critic that then would give a good review that
then would in turn make money.
Is it the path?
Is it the manipulation of a critic, rather than just playing up to obvious
public wants?

Also strikes me......that Tommy was seen as being very "pretentious", as
Pete would say.  "A Rock Opera.  Ha!"
*With*....the exception of PW which, as we all have agreed, is the turn in
the road....the mood lightener....the anti-heavy.
Wonder if the thinking behind the PD lyrics "Let's get pretentious....let
the critics be damned" started way back with Nik, PW and Tommy?
:-)

Does make ya wonder.......

>which I would say is You Better You Bet,

I feel fortunate to have seen YBYB played live with Zak.
He really drove that song into a rocker.
I remember at Hershey looking across the minions and seeing some serious
head-bobbing, fist punching, and dedicated singing.
One of the bigger reactions of the show.

Probably a good barometer of the demographic of the crowd.  I forget who,
but someone here or on O&S made note of that too.

>You have to keep in mind right wingers believe that non-political middle of
the road thinking like "blacks/gays deserve equal rights" is seen by them as
"liberal." >None of the news on CNN is biased. In fact, no one was more
pro-war than CNN. Moneyline, too, is very conservative.

YEAH!

Kevin in VT