Re: more ramblings

Joeltle wrote:

> thing is is that why does the bush family always wanna get saddam and iraq?

Uhh...Saddam has chemical weapons that have been used on neighbiors and his
own people.  Saddam has been trying to secure nuclear weapons (a cache of
weapons grade plutonium was found today).  Saddam and Al Qaeda and other
terror groups are linked.  Saddam is on record as wanting to head a combined
Arabia - by force if necessary.  Saddam has invaded two neighbors and lobbed
missles at others.

Do you see a pattern of Saddam is bad developing yet?

> why not these other countries like Libya or siberia or whatever who have the
>
> same sort of leaders and bush is just tossing them aside?

SIBERIA??????????  Can you read a map?

and hey! what about > north korea? they've been threatening a nuclear war for
> a while and came out
> and said that they have chemical weapons, but bush has been just tossing
> them
> aside as well.

Not at all.  Bush has moved air assets and naval assets to the area to serve
notice on the North Koreans not to try anything.  He is also pushing for a
combined talks with China (not fond of the Koreans historically) and Japan
(alos not fond of them) as they stand to risk much by a lunatic North Korea.
The NK's don't want that.  Fortunately, South Korea has an excellent
military!

and how come all of a sudden bush stopped going after osama
> bin Laden? I read that bush sr. worked with the bin Laden family for a while
>
> y know. I did read about this. and now osama is ordering suicide attacks.
>
> it's just all conspiracy that's all.

We have not.  When we rolled into Iraq 1000 paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne
launched an attack in eastern Afghanistan against Taliban and renegade
warlords.  We are still searching for Osama and his ilk.  We have nailed some
of the very top AlQaeda people in the last two months alone.

If Bush Sr. worked with the Bin Laden family - don't forget they are the
largest construction firm in Saudi Arabia who work all over the Middle East -
and the family has denounced Osama.  There is a distinct disconnect there.

and also, if these iraqis felt this way about saddam, why didn't they
> kill him like they did with mousellini?

The Iraqis killed Mussolini??????  I always thought it was the Italians while
Allied troops were rolling up the Italian boot.  This is most disconcerting
to know that I have been so wrong all these years!

The simple answer?  How about the Iraqi secret police did its job VERY
effectively.  His two sons both survived assassination attempts.  Some tried
- and some were tortured to death because of it after being caught.  How
about their Olympic team though - the only one in the world with its own
torture chamber in its headquarters!  Now THAT's motivation for excellence!

Greg Biggs