Re: Pinball Wizard An Embarrassment?

> With the exception of TheWho->'s Live 2002 version of Pinball Wizard, in
> which it lead brillaintly into "Amazing Journey," it has Rock
> Music's worst recorded or live performance ending I've ever heard.
> It just fizzles out embarrasingly.

Whew!  "Pineball Blizzard's" taking a beating!  Wrong, English Child!  The studio
ending of PW is just fine.  Actually, it's a rather daring & complex ending.

A sweetly serene coda which enables the listener to quietly reflect for a few mo-
ments on the story he/she has just heard.  It's daring because it differs slightly from
anything that precedes it, & it's complex because it's in an "off-time" meter & con-
tains Moonie's double bass drum triplet rolls, which are constant throughout, as
its fading heartbeat.

Much greater effort than just choosing a root note to end cold on, but that's Pete,
isn't it?  A cut above the rest.  Apparently, English Tyke, you're having some diffi-
culty spotting examples of Pete's genius.  No need to thank me for clearing that up.

- SCHRADE in Akron