Re: Not Mobile and Quad spec & supporting Who fan Eddie Vedder

>Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 08:04:30 -0800 (PST)
>From: Zenswhen <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
>
>I'm playing Pearl Jam all day today at my store, in support of free
>speech. You know, the thing this country used to stand for.

If you're playing Pearl Jam all day that's fine, but just in the name
of truth I'd rather you not kid yourself or me that it's in support
of free speech.  It's in support of what Ed said and did.

Just as a refresher, the relevant text is: "Congress shall make no
law ... abridging the freedom of speech". Free speech is alive and
well, and will be so until the day police arrest Ed (or anyone else)
simply for expressing an opinion.  I haven't heard of that happening
anywhere yet.  When it does, I'll join you and Mc in opposing it.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"That's unbelievable, if that's true"