Re: Not Mobile and Quad spec & supporting Who fan Eddie Vedder

>Wow. I've always *adored* Going Mobile. May I suggest you go back and
listen to the Moon's drumming, especially towards the end.

James:

I appreciate the suggestion, but I have been listening to WN for 32 years now, so there can't be much I've missed at this point. And to be clear: it's not that I don't like the song, I just think it's the weakest track on WN.

>Ooops. You probably won't like "(I'm a) Roadrunner,"

Ken:

That's a cover song, so it's allowed. PLUS as I SAID it's about the track in relation to the rest of WN, not the actual song itself.

>It's the embarrassment of the album.

Kevin:

You guys are just nuts.

>"joke" or just a silly song. It's a classic rock staple. One of the
most electrifying singles in rock history.

Scott:

A quinessential Who song.

>that corner & sees the Ace Face's scooter parked outside that hotel.

Yeah, because to Jim he characterizes Mod. Certainly the Ace Face is going to be a "real Mod."

>I think *Pinball Wizard* is a DOG.....

Lew:

No, but Dogs Part Two is. Waspman. Did You Steal My Money.

>I do not play pool.....

Uh huh. You and Kevin probably have online tornaments. Watch it on ESPN. Own Pool video games.

>It's the fact that Pete blatantly was masturbating the masses to get them to
accept Tommy.

Kevin:

You could say the same of any single they did, from ICE to YBYB. You know, this idea of "Art over money" is a joke. These guys were in business to make money. If you want Art without commercial aspirations, try Captain Beefheart.

>How many bands do you know today that are coming up with stuff like 'The PS2
Gu-ru", or....X-box rocks, or........Sponge Bob Square Pants, ...rants???

To quote Lou Reed: "Those were different times."

>Not even close. Follow me. I'm a sensation.

You underwhelm as I approach you.

>Tea, in German, is Tee.

And a type of shirt. And a golfer's best friend. But Tee is also slang for Pot.

>I still get my haus and house mixed up.

Any comment I make would only ensure that Tania never speak to me. And we wouldn't want that.

>The Germans and their pretzels and coffee are a strong contender.

YECH! And I'm part German, too.

>See, now this is the similar complaint that AEB has about MW.

My Wife is more serious humor. If you don't believe that, try staying out all night and see what happens when you chirp "Beep beep" as you step through your door.

>Ahhhhh, and here is my Pinball Wizard complaint.

Nothing gimicky about PW.

> Hey, he who fart in church, must sit in own pew.

Me, in a church? (insert Satanic laugh) Good luck ever seeing THAT! If I wanted to surround myself with hypocrasy on that level, I'd (delete long discussion about the current administration).

> Yeah but it was also his friends, who helped make up the movement, So, it's both.

Perhaps, but it's his friends not living up to the ideal of the movement. As Phil Daniels said on the 1996 Quad tour:

"My folks had let me down. Rock had let me down. WOMEN had let me down. Work wasn't even worth the effort, school isn't even worth mentioning. But I never thought I'd be let down by being a Mod."

See, that indicates it's the Mod movement, not his friends. Mod was the one thing he believed was incorruptable.

>See, but I see "the gesture" and the turning to love as really being the
same thing.

Part of the same thing.

>He's turning away from the bunch of crap and focusing on the
one true "John Lennon"-ish trait in humans....love. He's moving on. He's
starting to focus on what's important.

If love is the answer, why are we at war right now? Never mind. Love is a wonderful thing, but it's not the end all and be all.

>Mod is a way of life. You know that!

I still think it's that "way of life" he's rejecting.

>I'm with you, Mark. Everything you said about "Going Mobile"
was correct. It's never been one of *my* favorites, either.

Scott:

Thanks. I was feeling  the "New York's a lonely town when you're the only surfer boy around" syndrome.

>Concert-goers head to exits after anti-Bush display

Scott P:

I read about this too. It shows the mentality of those who support President Kill (XTC reference). I'm playing Pearl Jam all day today at my store, in support of free speech. You know, the thing this country used to stand for.

>Jimmy was let down by the realization (after seeing Sting bell-boying) that
ultimately giving in to the evil, soul killing, commercial modern world was
inevitable.

Uh...that's putting it a bit harshly. But I can't disagree. Except that some of us HAVE beaten that system.

>Walmart

WalMart is the Antichrist. Make no mistake about it. In fact, I'm writing a song called Antichrist Superstore for a local Punk band

>As Pete
has said, the Rock and Roll generation failed to win the war against the
horrors of modern society.

Nixon/Agnew stomped the movement. I know. I was there and watched it unfold. We were oppressed, jailed, persecuted. Our culture was destroyed, and THEN they blame it for all the ills of society to this day. You have to let something play out if you want it to work.

>President Scumbag's attempt to systematically destroy all of our
freedoms will backfire and fail.

It's a good thought. I hope you're right.

> It's sad though that the small right-wing
minority on this list aren't bothered by such things.

Hey...a LOT of them ARE. You'd be surprised. But they're also afraid to speak out. Look what happens when someone does.

"There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."
                               A.J. Muste

                 Cheers             ML