Pinball Wizard An Embarrassment?

> It's the embarrassment of the album.... To me, a classic example of
> sell out.  Again, in my opinion, one of the worst decisions of The
> Who's career.

"One of the worst decisions of The Who's career?"  What the fuck?!  Are
you serious?  I don't know of anyone who thinks "Pinball Wizard" is a
"joke" or just a silly song.  It's a classic rock staple.  One of the
most electrifying singles in rock history.

I'll admit the song would look a lot more silly & antiquated *if* pinball
had gone out of fashion, but it hasn't!  Pinball is still popular.  Bars
still have pinball machines.  Arcades still have pinball machines.  People
still play pinball.

Who gives a shit if Pete wrote it so Nick Cohn would give the album a de-
cent review.  It works, it fits, it rocks.

"Embarrassment of the album?"  I'm afraid our usually keen Cousin Kevin
from VT has made a horrible misjudgment.  Let's forgive him, however.
After he apologizes.

- SCHRADE in Akron