Re: Jimmy's Breakdown - Who's Responsible?

Scott wrote:

>But I'm not so sure.  Modism never caused Jimmy any harm.  Even getting
>arrested was a thrill for him.  It meant something.  Being Mod gave Jimmy
>something to live for (like the way current street gang members seem to
>get positive feedback from their gang "family").

>It's the people in Jimmy's life who let him down & drive him to despair.
>He expects that from his bosses & parents.  But when it finally hits him
>that even his Mod *friends* don't see things the way he does, that becomes
>the straw that breaks the camel's back.

>The Mod movement itself hasn't let Jimmy down; but, sadly, his friends have.

I agree.  It was mostly Steph though.  Not because she didn't choose him,
but because she was mostly along for the ride, and Jimmy eventually saw
her for what she was.

I've been there too.  I've tried to go back to beach are relive a high
moment the way it was, albeit alone the second go round and under
completely different circumstances.    You can NEVER go back man!
That's on of the powerful lessons of this movie.

Joe in Philly
Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.