Re: What's going on with Roger's voice?

In a message dated 9/30/2002 1:14:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Sroundtable@aol.com writes:

> This is the third or fourth review that has had Roger struggling vocally,
> after many reviews early in the tour that had him in peak form.  I
> witnessed the west coast gigs to open the tour, and despite Sacramento, he
> was flat incredible.  In NYC he sounded wonderful, too (both nights).  AEB
> said he was awesome in Irvine at the start of the final leg.    Maybe that
> thin, dry Denver air did him in, but in Dallas his voice seemed to recover
> for the latter 3rd of the show and sounded as good as ever.  I guess
> combining the Denver air with the HOB in Chicago smokiness took its toll.
> I hope some rest will have Daltrey in top shape if and when they try to
> record new material.
>
> mc

i think its a strain on it.  Roger is exhausted.  the songs he sings every
concert the all he puts into gets to be a strain on the voice.  i saw him at
Jones Beach he was fantastic.  hey its The Who. never be a group like it
ever.  they deserve  a nice long holiday.  to finish greiving for John and
getting their lifes back on track again.  i'm sure we will hear more from The
Who in the future.  :)