Re: Dallas selling out

 > The place seemed full when The Who were on.  The empty sections were at the
> very top level on the sides.  I don't think those were even opened up for
> sale.  A friend of mine bought a single seat from Ticketmaster the day before
> the show and ended up on the last row of the top level.  I beleive the other
> "patchy" section in the area level was the "comp" section.  Remember, this
> was a bigger venue than Reunion Arena, where they played in
> 2000.  Pete even
> made some reference to it selling out.

Let me put it this way.  Thursday night I went on ticketmaster and got sec 105, 7th row.  Demand was VERY low for this particular show.  There were numerous empty seats in my section.  The only other show that was similar to this was Sacramento.  I didn't care, really.  I loved the show, warts and all.  ESPECIALLY because of the "warts", actually.  I also didn't mean that all or even many Texans are ignorant, just the ones who acted like asses and didn't show up.  The put down was generic to whatever state it would have been.

As for Roger not signing the t-shirt, the guy was way too aggressive for the number of people who were there (8 to 10).  Roger could have left his window up and we wouldn't have been the wiser, but he didn't.  One should at least be polite, considering he had little competition for Roger's attention.  Trying to stick that t-shirt in the window at Roger was despicable.  Show some respect to the man who put an indelible mark on the greatest music ever made, THEN ask politely for the autograph.  The guy didn't even say "great show" or anything; just, "SIGN MY T-SHIRT!!"  I agree with you, however, that the Who should be as accessible to their fans as possible, considering the $$ people shell out to see them 20 years after their last album.  I, however, would not ask for an autograph or picture.  If offered I would accept, but I wouldn't ask.  That's just me.

mc