RE: WGFA at NYC

Jim S (talking about the left out lines):  "Had they sung it, do you think
that the performance  would've been hailed as positively as it was?"

I think yes.

"I suppose the way those firefighters and cops where going nuts for our
boys, it wouldn't have made a difference to them..."

I agree with this as well.

"... (you can interpet the line in a positive way if you try) but I'm sure
the press
would've been all over it."

I'm sure someone in the press would have taken a shot at them, but I doubt
there would have been any outcry to speak of.

I'll bet it was a subtle thing for the average hero who was there that night
to pick up on.  By that point in the set they were headbanging and
fist-pumping.  A dropped lyric was a pretty small change IMHO.

Jeff