Re: A bit of Stones; (Feels Like) Starting Over

I guarantee that I made no expressed or implied insult toward
you. If it appeared so, it was something I overlooked and did
not intend.

Lew:

DAMN you're being mellow today!

No, Jeff wrote that about something I said to him. I brought you into the reply regarding the stereo AQO. I'm not insulted, don't worry, not by you or Jeff or even Jim. I got another Stones remaster yesterday, and I'm not QUITE as happy with this one. Green Grass And High Tides, which (unfortunately) has the mono versions of some songs instead of the stereo. It all still sounds great, but having heard the German London label issue of Hot Rocks, I expected the stereo Satisfaction (for one) and it's not. And there's no telling about HR, because the US issue also had the mono Satsifaction (among others).

BTW, if you can get your hands on the London version of Hot Rocks disc one (they were sold seperately, and you can tell the difference because instead of the banner across the bottom which says "Digitally Remastered From Original Master Recordings" there's one on the top left which says "Digitally Remastered."), grab it! All of the songs sound as good as the new releases if not better. If you don't want it, I DO! I have only a burned copy right now. Disc two is just as good, but I have that one already.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Hey, you're one of the three people left here who hasn't jumped on me...yet...

Yes, except that there things are called name recognition and brand loyalty
and goodwill. You get rid of a lot of baggage when you change the name of a
business, but you also give most of the positive things.

Lela:

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think it would be a negative thing, and seen by many as exploitation. I suppose I'm more sensitive than others to this, because here in Myrtle Beach there are often five completely different "The Original Drifters" playing from time to time.

I didn't say that. I said dust bin.

Jeff:

Same thing, though.

I meant that all this stuff is old and in the past. They created it,
recorded it, sold it and closed the books. It cannot be recreated.

Um...didn't you catch the 2000 tour?

The band needs to move forward. It is what they've always done. Moving forward
is their legacy as you have said quite nicely ;-)

OK, so I want it all...I won't deny it...the old great stuff and some new good stuff. But one thing I do NOT want, and that's to sacrifice the old great stuff for the new good stuff. If they'd go ahead and release a definitive live collection (not to mention the rest of the studio tracks), then it would be like clearing the decks for whatever they wanted to do next...putting a close on the book as you say. I can't see them having closed the books if the last three releases have been a double CD best of, a remixed into stereo album from 37 years ago, and the stereo mix of the second album from 36 years ago.

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML