Re: VH1 and MTV Remember 9/11

In a message dated 9/3/02 11:47:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, leb905@yahoo.com
writes:

> I'm really scratching my head over this one.  How can CFNYC be such an
> emotional turning point for thirty-somethings and up, and totally
> invisible to the MTV generation?  More to the point--what will it take
> for The Who to crack MTV?  Assuming that's desirable, of course.  Will
> The Who ever find much of an audience in 13-year-old boys?

Yeah, I hear you.  I believe that this is an age of taking the cheap fast way
to big money now.  Use the catchy tune and the beat and the sexy image.  Kids
today may not know what the difference between quality music and fluff is.  I
do know one thing, the kids that know who The Who are, LOVE them. Trouble is,
they usually know about them because of their parents.

At the Detroit show, I brought with me two of my sons (11 and 13) my nephew
(11) and my son's 13 year old friend.  They were already Who fanatics. I saw
many kids there.  Older people kept asking my kids questions and my kids knew
more about the band than they did. it was quite amusing.

I had two tickets right up by the stage and 4 up in the stands.  I rotated so
that they could all see their heroes up close.  Pete and Roger noticed and
looked  at each one of them and so did Robert Plant.  They really enjoyed
that.

At the end of the Grand Rapids show, which had another great crowd, Roger
stood and hollered "Never give up!!" to roars.  Then as Pete was leaving the
stage, he went to the mic and said "Keep having children!"  That was really
funny. I took it as good news.  I recomend buying that show.

Jon in Mi.