From: "Mark R. Leaman" <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
To: TheWho@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Kinks vs Who; Good vs Evil
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 06:15:20 -0800 (PST)

Preservation Act I & II by TheKinks equals or betters
TheeFuckin'Who->'s Quadrophenia anyday, Mark my friend.

Lew:

Lew, I love ya like a brother but lyrics like "You'd better run you'd better hide/Hide your daughters hide your wives/Lock your doors and stay inside/Here comes Flash..." is vastly inferior to every lyric on Quad. And the singing on Mirror Of Love and Scrapheap City! As Dr. Smith would say: "The pain, the pain..." Hey, even Muswell Hillbillies, Lola and Soap Opera are better than the Preservations. Muswell is probably their second best album (Arthur as I said being the best).

Uh, is looking like TheCroz supposed to be a good thing?

He does well with lesbians...

I really can't imagine what could make you unwelcome on O&S.

Cockroach:

I wasn't talking about me...

Here's some reality: You've never met me.

Here's some for you: I don't have to. You're dealing with issues, that's clear enough, and projecting me into the role of the person you have the issue with. I can see that as clearly as I can see this screen. And BTW as long as you're in denial, you'll never feel better. "And oh I know you're dissatisfied/With your position and your place/Don't you understand it's not my problem..." Bob Dylan.

No. We all are.

IOW, you are completely unwilling to participate in civilized behavior. I blame your upbringing...

OK, how about "counterattack"?

So according to you, I can do nothing in any case. You are incorrect. You're a funny little fellow, desperately searching posts for a reason to be angry with someone. You interpret my words and manipulate their meaning in order to be angry with me, so you can play out your little fantasy of facing up to someone in your past. Feeling safe enough because you're hundreds of miles away. All the while telling me I'm a jerk to DARE to object. You may have fooled yourself into believing you're not trying to control this list, but you're only fooling yourself.

I don't see much difference.

You should; it's there. Not seeing it is no excuse.

But that's how all this started. You pissed me off and disallowed my anger.

Getting angry with something I said to someone else which didn't involve you is no excuse. "You keep on accusing me of making your life misery/But if that's not abusing me what is it?" Kinks. It's none of your damned business. You're not the list Safety Patrol, or Dudley Doo-Right (although I do see similarities). You're projecting, trying to avoid dealing with your problem. Role playing.

I do have some regrets, but I blame you as well.

You'd have to, so you don't have to deal with what you are doing here. But you're wrong.

More motive assignments, objectification, falsehoods.

Not a single solitary thing false about it. That is EXACTLY what happened.

Likely, your version of any events would be twisted to paint you in a noble

You heavily bashed this list and everything about it. I tried to get you to come back and join us again, you told me why you wouldn't ever, and instead we should join you. Nothing noble about what I did, and clearly a mistake...

I know how stubborn you are.

I stand up for my rights against aggression...if you want to call that "stubborn," I guess you will. Once again you cry that I don't know you while assuming you know me...projecting, projecting...

No kidding! How many times have I said that here on this list?!?!

Yeah, is that like calling yourself an asshole to allow yourself to be one? After you've "admitted" it, you're free to navigate? You don't believe it, though...just feel like if you place a disclaimer, you're covered in every case.

I didn't need defending and this is not the same thing.

You did indeed and I didn't say it was. What you're doing now is indefensable.

If you love music, check us out on the
web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

Cheers ML
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now