"sniveling little weasel", "COCKROACH?

Mark L "Some of us aren't welcome on O&S...consider what it would take for
THAT..."

I really can't imagine what could make you unwelcome on O&S.  Perhaps you
just *feel* unwelcome.  Perhaps it is just your perception.  Scott is a
verly welcoming guy.  He really is.

Mark Leaman "It's simply amazing how you interpret things!"

Thanks.

ML  "I don't think I've ever met someone who has less a grip on reality."

Here's some reality:  You've never met me.

ML  "... and poor little you are the victim, that everything I do is bad and
you're Mr. Perfect...."

No.

ML "...you're the only one who can do whatever they want..."

No.  We all are.

ML  "...if *I* should dare to say anything about it, suggest a reasonable
solution...then I'm completely wrong..."

Not wrong.  I just don't like the solution.

ML  "I never attack anyone, and you can't find a note where I have. I do
respond, though...yes I do."

OK, how about "counterattack"?   Does that word work better for you?
I don't see much difference.  Like I said, I don't buy into the "who started
it" stuff.

ML  "We are NOT the same. I'm not a sniveling little weasel, and...you are.
And that's pretty generally accepted, if the private EMail I'm getting is
any measure...."

It is not a measure.  But if you want to measure, which you love to do, I
would like to see proof of the "weasel" email you're getting.  I've not
gotten any feedback like that.

ML:  "I'm just trying to have a little Who conversation, and you keep
interupting it.

How is calling me a "sniveling little weasel" a Who conversation?
BTW, I would like to think I'm at least a sniveling medium-sized weasel.
Can't you give me that much?

ML: "Don't cry foul if you piss someone off."

But that's how all this started.  You pissed me off and disallowed my anger.

ML "You did it to yourself, and it's only you to blame."

I do have some regrets, but I blame you as well.

ML  "I'm not going after you. I'm responding. Interesting you can't see the
distinction. See, I'm not doing ANYTHING to you...never have. "

So people who are not you are "after you" and you always just respond.  That
make sense on some plane, I guess.

ML  "You have an agenda, clearly, but you're not going to get what you
want."

What's my agenda, again?
I seem to lose sight of that from time to time.

ML  "Of course. Because you can't admit that you're in the wrong."

OK, I started it.  You can be The Punk.

ML  "That you have no reason for your actions except for the pain in your
life which drives you to it."

More motive assignments, objectification, falsehoods.  I'm not experiencing
any pain at the moment, but thanks for thinking of my well-being.

ML  "Because when you said it to me (and the others) you were trying your
best to get us to quit this list and come with you."

Or did I 'suggest' it?

ML  "I'd say that might be the real point of contention between us...I
wouldn't follow your lead."

That's very funny, and wrong from my end.
It may be your real point of contention.

ML  "You really want me to say? ALL OF IT? Be careful what you wish for..."

You are a free man.
Likely, your version of any events would be twisted to paint you in a noble
light and to paint me as beneath your lofty level of intelligence, strength
and integrity.

ML  "You'd quit this list because you'd embarrassed yourself by either
posting a private EMail or by saying something to Mc which was out of line."

That is some of it, but not the entire story.  I won't rehash.  I've no
problems with anyone else but you at the moment.  I don't see any need to
dredge the past back up or drag others into our conflict.

ML  "...anyway, you wanted us all to come over to Shout."

I suggested that a few people check it out.  I've been pretty public about
that.

ML  "As for your head, only your therapist knows for sure..."

Now we're getting somewhere.  This sentence is very close to "Jeff, I don't
know what is in your head" or "you're pissed, and you are entitled to that".

ML  "...you're trying your damnest to drive me out, like you tried with Mc
previously...."

I can't drive you anywhere.  Come on, Mark.  You know I'm not that stupid.
I know how stubborn you are.

ML  "IT'S NOT YOUR LIST, COCKROACH."

No kidding!  How many times have I said that here on this list?!?!
I seem to be the one that brings that fact up whenever we get into these
pissing matches.

ML  "But YOU are the ONLY ONE who seems to think he can set the rules for
everyone else."

No.  I don't think that.  I may seem to think that to you, but I don't.

ML   "Interesting, looking back, that I got into a conflict with Jim Sigel
because I was defending you for doing this same thing."

I didn't need defending and this is not the same thing.

ML  "My apologies, Jim...you were right!"

Wait a minute!
I thought you guys had an agreement to leave each other alone.
;-)

Jeff