Re: Left for Live released in UK

UK listers may be interested to know that Left for Live is now in the
stores.; I picked it up today in HMV Birmingham.

As Alan McKendree told us, it is the same content on the CD as the US
release, but there are significant differences in artwork.

The CD is printed with a picture of a bass guitar's bridge and
hyperactive pick-up (I assume a buzzard) repeated on the jewel case
under the disc mount.

The US version has a fold out leaflet but the UK release has a 8 page
leaflet, the centre pages being the same band photo as in the US
leaflet.

The UK leaflet does have a lot more of Terry McBride's photos from the
tour, but it uses the full page photo of John on the US fold out as the
jewel case back, and the front of the jewel case booklet is adapted from
the US front, it drops Gordon Cotton's photo, and re-colours Godfrey
Townsend's shirt from green (US) to blue!

If these changes are sufficient for US listers to buy the UK version,
then look for

John Entwistle Band   Left for Live
catalogue number EWO014CD

the record company's website is www.plastichead.com