RE: More On The '89 Tour

Excellent post Scott.

I think the world was astonished by the Who's performance at the Concert For
New York because the general public remembered the band from 1989.  Only the
die-hards remember 1999/2000.  The general public saw CFNY and was
astonished at what they saw - Pete on electric loud and crunchy -
windmilling, machine gunning and jumping, a drummer who didn't just keep
time, the best bass player on the planet and a youthful looking "middle
singer" who didn't have his best voice, but still sang his heart out.

I missed the Quad tours of 96/97 - shame on me.  Since there's no DVD, I
have to rely on my live boot, but I'll always wonder what that tour would
have sounded like with just the five piece and some backing tapes.
Certainly all the Quad we saw in 2000 and 2002 didn't need back up singers
and horns did it?  Chime in please.

Rick in Maine