Re: I think I can sum up the Cobain thing.....

> ::sigh:: this whole thing got started when it was reported that he wrote in a
> letter "hope I die before I become pete townshend". it was just something
> stupid to say in a letter, he probably got over it, which is probably why it
> was never released.  let's just drop the whole thing and talk about like,
> "who" stuff.  anything but this really. gettin outta hand.

I understan your frustration at wanting to see the subject die but you have to
admit, it's certainly not off-topic.

Here's a guy - Kurt Cobain - who's the guitar player & singer in a raucous,
influential, sometimes equipment-smashing, we-don't-give-a-fuck rock band;
someone you'd think would look upon Pete Townshend as an inspiration &
mentor - and yet he says he hopes he dies before he becomes like this man.

I think it says something as to how Pete & The Who are perceived, not just
by rock fans, but by certain rock musicians, as well.  Worth exploring, IMO.

- SCHRADE in Akron