Windmills, Assumptions

Windmills:

Andy, Jim and Kevin are all guitar players at various stages.
I even listened to Schrade play a little at Camden.  I admit
to practicing windmills, but can only do it in a few rooms
in my house cause of the ceiling height.

My son (8 1/2) who is now officially a Who Fan will request
windmills whenever I am playing.  He has viewed some of my
Who video footage, and saw them take the show at the CFNY
on television.

Here's my take on the significance of the windmill in the
context of human existence in the universe.

Moses had his staff.  All staff carrying men are measured by him.
Daniel Boone had a long rifle, coonskin cap.  All rifle carrying
	coonskin cap-wearing folk are associated with DB.
Babe Ruth used a bat.  All baseball players are compared to the Babe

Peter Townshend plays guitar.  In 100 years, some inter-galactic family
is going to play charades and when the word they need to describe is
guitar.  They will windmill.   I will bet my car on this.   They will
not be fret board tapping or Travis picking or Huckleberry Hound strumming.

It will be a WINDMILL.   And the windmill will be an upward motion windmill

If rock n roll dies and becomes a footnote to the 20th century, the 2105
Webster's dictionary that defines guitar will have a picture of Pete
from the Marquee club doing a windmill.

Assumptions:

Sorry, that I've been lurking for the past month.  I've enjoyed most
of the posts, especially the Peter/Roger Two Old Guys comments,
Andy's Magic Bus, Kevin's Banter, The Cobain Chronicles, and the
Experience (Punk / Godfather) Wars.

I know that Jeff and Mark are bright grown up men with strong egos.
Everybody on this list can be classified as somewhat bright; after all,
we can at least type (right?).  I recommend (no orders) a book called
"The Four Agreements".  It is an easy read, and speaks to the
topic of human communication and miscommunication.  On of the agreements
is to not make assumptions.   I know that I have made assumptions in
relationships and if messes things up.  Our emotions can assist us with
the creation of these assumptions.

I believe that everyone is basically good, but we sometimes make mistakes.
I suspect that there have been ASSUMPTIONS made that lead to inaccurate
conclusions.   While the book is a good treatment for getting along with
others, and avoiding evil people, we all know that the world does not
present itself in black and white.   That's where we have to decide to
either cut someone slack when they've made a mistake because they are
important to us
in the long run, or take them to the mat and live with the consequences.

I would rather have both Mark and Jeff as my friends than my enemies.  It
seems as my enemies I'd have to kill them in order to stop them.

Joe in Philly (Married 15 years today 10/24/02 - Trying not to ASSUME)

Peace

Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.