[no subject]

The service lasted 50 minutes or so and the order of service was

Steve Luongo gave an eulogy

A hymn, Dear Lord and father of mankind

A reading by Bill Curbishley

A Hymn, I vow to thee my country

A poem read (and written by John Hurt)

John's solo from 5.15 at the RAH on 27.11.00 was played

Matt Kent  on Behalf of the Who Fan Club

And finally, Roger sang Boris the Spider accompanied by Simon Townshend
and a bass player (whose name neither of us could remember)

The most genuinely moving moment came when Matt spoke of arriving in
America for the tour to be told of John's death.

His voice breaking, he told of the emails and calls he received
expressing fans' and friends' shock and grief.

It seemed that the balcony in the Church was reserved for fans - Bjorn
and John Pywell were there, and at the reception after the service I met
Alan and Susan McMullan, Melissa Hurley, Paul De Kievit Alan McKendree
and Bjorn, as well as the John P's and myself who went with the flow and
got into the reception.

Also at the reception were Godfrey Townsend and Steve Luongo, Irish Jack
was there, Dougal Butler and Richard Barnes.

I think that most people found it a pleasant way to celebrate the life
and bless the passing of John Entwistle.

John