Re: Good Bye Old Bean-Beer Gardens

In a message dated 10/21/2002 10:26:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Jdtr006@aol.com writes:

> Johannah,
>      If I remember right "old bean" is just slang, doesn't really mean much
>
> of anything. Kind of like when someone here will say See you later "dude"
> "pal" "man", etc. Hope that helps a little.  Sandy

Dear Sandy,

Thank you very much.......if I could go to England (like I dream of), I'd
love to learn all that slang they use.  I love the proper way they talk and
the different dialects........like cockney (sp) like Daltrey, or more proper
English, like Pete.  My best friend is dating an English man, and I swear, I
am mesmerized by the way he talks............maybe he has a younger single
brother or friend?  I am checking that out.......... :0

Let me know if you ever plan to go back there <England>...........perhaps I
can stow-a-way in a suitcase............

Thanks for responding<I often think that if this list had more woman on it,
there wouldn't be all the fighting.  We'd probably spend a majority of the
time talking about Roger's sexy bod!!....LOL!!!

Love,
SicilianMother <Johanna>