Re: The Demise of The Who?

A giood part of me wants to try to argue this point of view, but alas, I
can't.

Scott, you've possibly hit a nail on the head (again?).

Sorry to tell you, I agree. It is time for Pete to write more sdolo stuff -
the minor threaad on the list re; his work has reminded me of the quality
stuff in his discography. And yes, time for Roger to  write his own
material?  The concept of the whole being bigger than the parts is true,
but the entity formerly known (sic) as the who is not new any more - just
tours of greatest hits. Can it be bigger than the parts when half of those
very parts are memories?

When does it become a milked cow?

and if a release is under DT name brand, what is to gain or loose?

however, "I hope I get old before I die" - look out kids, here comes
grandpa...

Steve