The Demise of The Who?

Before I get snide, I would like to compliment Jim on his fine summation.
Now, on to a smart-assed comeback :-)

Jim said "I don't feel I have to vindicate my "rock experience" because my
experience isn't your experience; this is my opinion of my experience."

That was a breathtaking qualification.  I liked it!  :--D

"There's two dynamic individuals from that 'what it used to be' who seem to
have this chip on their shoulders.  Something to prove, despite their age,
as if it makes any difference."

Or could it be that the chip is finally off their shoulders?  Maybe they
realize that they've proven themselves and they've nothing left to do but
cut loose and perform.  Pete's latest big diary indicates that he did not
follow any of the reviews or the press coverage of the shows.  He avoided
talking to the press about the latest Who releases.  That leads me to
believe that he purposefully blocked out input from critics.

Now back to the sex = Who concert analogy.  I would expect a better
performance from someone who is unhindered by expectations and analysis.
Inhibitions are a performance killer in my experience.

I think this may be at work in the new improved Pete that we've seen.  He's
cutting loose.  He's having fun.  He's free to express himself without the
pressure of trying to please everyone that he can.  He's free to include
Roger in the process without having to compete with him for the spotlight.
I HOPE these things are true, because they could lead to great things for me
:-)

I hope he can keep this trend going.  I hope he can channel like he
channelled this summer.  I hope we Who fans can open up my mind enough to
experience his future endeavors on their own terms.

Jeff