No Kurt Cobain & Pete's Publishing Deal

> It is a good thing to have wisdom, but there is a foolishness
> which is more blessed.

Point taken, Jon.  Lord knows I'm not lacking in foolishness!  ;-)

> Pete Townshend has inked a worldwide subpublishing
> deal with BMG Music Publishing. Under the deal, BMG
> Music will subpublish his recent and new solo
> material, as well as much of the catalog of the Who,
> including the songs "Baba O'Riley," "Behind Blue
> Eyes," "Love Ain't for Keepin'," "The Kids Are
> Alright," "The Relay," and material from the "Tommy"
> album, such as "Pinball Wizard."

What exactly does all this mean?  What is "subpublishing?"  And,
if BMG is the "subpublisher," does that mean there is another com-
pany, above that, which is the *main* publisher?

Does this mean Pete's solo & Who songs can appear on compilations
& the like?  Or are there going to be complete rereleases of en-
tire albums?  I'm confused about all of this.

- SCHRADE in Akron