Re: My Friend Jack (was Tommy the movie; Whofest; a Curt response)

AEB, re

> > You're both wrong. that's MY area of expertise. After all, who here
> > knows the lyrics to Cocksucker Blues? Me, that's who. How about My
> > Friend Jack, a Who-based song if I ever heard one? Yeah, that's
> > right.

I'm afraid I've rather lost track of who was saying what here, but is
someone referring to the song "My Friend Jack (eats sugar lumps)" by the
Smoke?

Because if you are, it's one of my absolute favourite songs of all the
"British psych bands" of the mid '60's.

I also have fond memories of listening to Reflections of Charles Brown
by Ruperts People, Granny takes a trip by the Purple Gang and My white
bicycle by Tomorrow, all giants among pygmies of pysch songs back in
1967.

Cheers,

John