Re: Tommy Russell/Cobain Conspiracy?

From: "Jim Sigel" <drjimmy_mrjim@hotmail.com>

Freaky ain't the half of it Scott. I believe that Ken ("all those crappy
people") Russell was given complete creative control for the film and what a
mistake that was. But it's worth watching now and again for various reasons
(see below).

A once a year viewing, simply to see Moonie's Uncle Ernie
bits & pieces, EC's gig hawking empty miralces in the name of
religion, Arthur Brown's dispatching of the body of Christ,
Scotch & salvation, the never ending fields of the Hollywood
Bowl's leftover testicles painted silver, Ann Margret's tits,
Pete's little run toward the camera and rubber wrist strumming
during Butcher Boy's take on PBWizzerd, is more than enough.

Other quality highlights overlooked?

>No, mc, I've always hated it, it's a fuckin' cartoon.

I'm with AEB here. Johnny Quest as Tommy, Bugs Bunny (in drag of course) as
Tommy's Mother, Yosemite Sam as Tommy's Father, and Elmer Fudd as the Acid
"Qween".

This casting would have made for a much better film.

Actually, the movie has some good points. Keith Moon for example.
I liked anything Keith was in just because he was in it; even Zappa's weirdo
flick. And any movie that has a Who smash 'em up, is okay for that only. But
that only. I love Nicholson, but he never should sing again - even in the
shower.

Jack didn't sing, that was a death wail, wuzzn't it?

>We can, I'll even start drinkin' again!!

"In Philedelphia they call it wata.."

We British Snobs say.." wah-tah..." (British slobs would be more accurate)

In the 'Ooo, BRANDY!  Brandy old
boy...

Remy Martin....a brandy??  I shudder to think!

Wow. This rumor is something I never heard before. I think just being a
junkie and marrying Courtney Love is the same as putting a loaded shotgun in
your mouth, but I never heard the rumor that she might've been involved in
whacking him. Weird. Does this mean that Ernest Hemmingway dated Courtney?
I agree Scotty old boy, "rubbish".

I bet AEB had something to do with it. Grassy knoll and all...

I did 'em all, from multiple angles, simutaneously!!

That reminds me of the Brian Jones murder story, of which there's some serious
validity. The story goes, that Jones had some concrete workers over that
night, who had been refinishing some masonry at his estate. There is a
mystery "witness" who claims that the workers got very drunk and hung around
after the party to abuse "pretty boy" Brian Jones. They were roughing him up
in the pool, dunking him under and such, and it got out of hand. According to
the legend, Brian drowned because the workers held him under water too long.
Spooky.

The truth will never be known, but Keith Richards has ALWAYS
thought there was foul play.

I, however, did not drown Brian Jones, I loved the guy, he was
truly my first Rock Star Idol. Still think he was great, still
think he is vastly underappreciated, still think he was/is the
best harmonica player Britain ever produced, and best early
slide guitarist of the first British Wave.

*mc* killed Brian Jones AND Curt "Poor Poor Pitiful Me" Cobain,
before he was born. Skinny ass bastard!

Let's hang *mc* for Brian Joes' sake....but....

.....thanks for doin' Cobain, mc, I hated the guy.

> There is very little studio outtakes for the Who - most
> consisting of boring Townshend demos

Ha!  Weren't we just recently discussing drug abuse?  Somebody is REALLY
stoned...

Or really REALLY straight, tight assed, and boring.

Probably likes Don MacLean.

~AnOutspokenEnglishBoy~

WTF is *keets* ????