Re: Achievements & Memories

From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>

> AnEnglishBoy says, "Bullshit!"

English Boy's been at the bottle again!  Bravo!  Good for him!

Phuck you Scott!!  ;-)

(sometimes I *really* like this guy Scott!!)

Actually, I quit drinking completely over 6 weeks ago, so
you are now getting pure, ale and cognac free belligerence
and bad 'tude.

> What has struck the chord within the general Rock fan is the
> simple ditty "Pinball Wizard," enhanced significantly for the
> masses by Elton John's butchering of same in Ken Russell's
> horrid film of the same name......

Yes, yes, yes, but Pete & The Who *created* TOMMY.  Remember,
I mentioned *incarnations* of TOMMY as well.  The piece of music
that is TOMMY is quite simply The Who's greatest achievement.

OK, OK, OK!!  I miss *my mummy* too, so hear my screams....

(mingled with those of a billion *general/average* Rock fans)

See me, feel me, touch me, heal me.............

There! I feel so much better (and so *general/average*)

Fucking high schools were (are?) putting it on as a stage production!
It was on Broadway.  A film was made, etc., etc.

Let me puke out some of that remaining 6 week old ale/bile!

Hey, QUAD is *my* favorite work by The Who, too.  But it pales
in mass culture impact next to THOMAS.

That does not negate it's creative superiourity.

Fuckin' Don MacLean's "American Pie" made mass cultural
impact, and it's still nothing but a mound of stinking offal.

And I'll state here & now:  THE TOMMY MOVIE DOES NOT
SUCK!!!  I know plenty of people that like it.  Sure it's over the top.
It's an assault on the senses:  seeing, hearing. & feeling.  Get it?

No.

And sure the movie is sometimes unintentionally funny or goofy.  But
it's both bizarre & compelling, also.  Plus Jack Nicholson!

Bad.

No, I'm sorry, the TOMMY film may have some bad moments, but
overall, it's a freaky fucking touching movie.

Only in a Cousin Kevin and Uncle Ernie kinda way.

> every Rock fan's identification with wanting to be loved,
> cause they miss their mommies, hence the world wide
> infatuation with "See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Heal Me."

Do you think that's why that song is well-known?  Maybe the Rock
fans just like pogoing & clapping along to it.  You shouldn't apply
*your* theories upon the general Rock public - leave that to me!  ;-)

Fuck you Scott, I'm older than you, I claimed that closed
minded status long before you perfected skinning *it* back,
and it's mine....mine!!!......MINEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

> The general Rock fan can't name 5 other songs off "Thomas"
> on a good day.

How could I argue against such truth as that.  I can't.  I won't.

Finally, a tiny admission that I'm right...well...left...actually.

> The general Rock fan can't find his/her "bum" with both hands.

I just found mine!

An over achiever!!! Damn it!!

> Sod the bastards.

God I wish we could toast to that, AEB!

We can, I'll even start drinkin' again!!

When's the next WhoFest,
Mark?  Gotta keep this Who energy flowing!

Do *general Rock fans* attend this?

If so, I'm NOT goin'!

AnAmericanFuck - SCHRADE in Akron

Get your hands out of yer pants.....Scott!!

~AnEnglishBoy~lost in a seaport town on the USA's Left Coast!

"Morro Bay ~ A unique drinking village with a fishing problem!"