A quick review of the stereo A Quick One

OK, I got my copy of the stereo A Quick One in the mail today from Amazon ($12). First of all, the packaging looks identical to the mono release, except when you peak inside and see the word "stereo" written to the right of the hole. I mean, I don't have the mono one here so I GUESS it's not on that one...but it's definitely on this one.

And even on the stereo I have here in my store...by no means a bad system, just not in the same league as my home stereo...I can EASILY tell the difference. MUCH improved sound quality and presence. The mono version doesn't compare, and even comparing the stereo one I made from Polydor LP this is the clear winner. It's remastered, after all. Mine remained faithful to the LP. This CD is less harsh on the cymbal crashes (of which there are many), for one thing. More depth, too. The only mono track is See My Way, which was recorded that way after all. Nothing they could do.

The bonus tracks are the same as the mono release. So, all in all: GET IT! This is the copy to own. It's a very nice companion piece to My Generation Deluxe, and WELL WORTH the price of replacing it.

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML