Re: klez being sent to the list

On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 10:53, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:

> Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:55:38 EST
> From: SicilianMother@aol.com
> Subject: Re: what the f**k?
>
> In a message dated 11/15/2002 3:42:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> tattoo515@whoever.com writes:
>
> > what is going on with the list? First I get a message from
> > list-owner@igtc.com that's got a virus in it and then one from
> > sicilianmother and now I get an empty digest. Is that the damn virus again?
> >

> Dude,
>
> I have ran 2 anti-virus programs and also a program to delete the "Klez"
> virus.  My computer is clean..........all showed no virus.  Sorry, must be
> someone else you can blame.
>
> SicilianMother

I get about 15 messages a day with klez in it.  Many of the addresses on
the emails are from fellow listers, including my own.  I am not the
sender.  I am not even running a Windows machine, so I'm clean of klez
also.  I am pretty frustrated with this.  The machine that is infected
with Klez that is sending this crap to all of us is a Charter Pipeline
subscriber - that much I am sure of.  All of the messages originate from
this machine as evidenced by the email header:

A few of the messages have the email address riosr@mindspring.com buried
in the header, but I am not sure this person is the owner of the
infected machine.  I had sent 'heads up' emails to the mailing lists I
am participating in in an effort to alert the infected person to clean
their windows machine. Maybe now they will.

cheers