Cats in the mirror; Evil children; Listen to keep from dancing; Morescience High

Could I respectfully ask that God's defenders and
detractors chat about this privately? I would like to
read about the Who.

Laquonda:

May I respectfully suggest that as popular as this topic is, and since it DOES include and relate to The Who, and there's been no conflict and a lot of respect from all sides (so far), that if you're not enjoying it you might simply skip those posts?

Monkeys have been observed as one of the only creatures
still on the planet (other than man) that can recognize
themselves in a mirror.

Joe:

Ah, not true. Both of my cats after the initial surprise at seeing another cat in the mirror quickly realized it was their image and now ignore it. Not true with cats they see outside of the window, so they must know the difference.

Indeed there are many paths to God, and the most popular are
fear, pain and guilt.

Likely because nothing worth anything is easy. Again the message of Tommy.

It's not polite to laugh at these beliefs, but I have to.

Good for you. Sometimes it just gets too ridiculous. If one accepts the presence of a Supreme Being, one should believe he/she/it's more intelligent and less ridiculous than a human.

I hate Mondays.............

Johanna:

"Tell me why..." Never mind; just don't get on any towers with a rifle.

Ever have to teach a child to disobey?  ;)

Jon:

Oh, come on! You don't think we're all inherently evil, do you? I have a daughter, and raised her with certain values, and she's fine. She did some things I wish she hadn't, and is much more of a Beatle fan than a Who fan (I FAILED!), and even likes H. Potter better than Lord Of The Rings (more failure). But I think she was initially innocent, and like any innocent went more for immediate pleasure than what I'd call evil. Until, of course, she was old enough to know better (delete Beatles reference here). Now she's in college and doing fine. Whereas when I was her age, I'd been in jail at least 20 times. And *I* am not evil, either, although the laws often are.

used to think this as well.   However when I saw in the bible that they are
definitely two different parts of us and started to actually use my spirit,

So tell me what the difference is. Otherwise I don't have a reference point and can't understand what you're saying.

This is how I was able to *hear* certain things that Pete was saying after
this discovery.  Before that, I just dug the drums and powerchords.  Which I

Ah, well...I heard that at about age 15 or so...when music (in general, although I'd credit The Who for a large part of the development) became more than just "cool sounding stuff to dance to." Otherwise I would have gotten bored with it. And this had nothing to do with any religion. Actually, the revelation was probably sparked by listening to Pet Sounds while stoned. Might have been Tarkus. Might have been A Question Of Balance, and it even might have been Tommy.

I don't know if I have a definition of what science is, but I don't
see any Who-related content in your message.

Rich:

Oh? And is digital technology not science? How about acoustics, recording methods even those as primitive as The Who used in 1965...isn't that science? How about stealing music from the artists via computer downloads...is that not science? Lots of science out there...

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML