What is science?

>Just one question for those who are convinced that science is above all.
What is science trying to explain and how did it come to be?

Science is supposed to explain how the universe works so we can use the laws to calculate and build things. Way back science was the same as philosophy, I guess you were supposed to think up how things worked. Rene Descartes started the scientific method where you think up a theory and then try to prove it.

--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Single & ready to mingle? lavalife.com:  Where singles click. Free to Search!
http://www.lavalife.com/mailcom.epl?a=2116