A question (or two) for Scott (Mr. Darwinism)

Hey Scottie my man,
I've been reading with great interest the exchange between you and Jon.
A couple of things come to mind as I read:

I too am a person anchored in science.  But Science does not have an
explanation for what the very first spark was that created the big bang, or
created the gases that caused the big bang.
In your mind, what was the first thing?  I mean, what created science?  How
did it *all* come to be?  Was it God letting out a big fart???
Seriously, what/who came first...the ______ or the ________.

Also,
how do you, a serious fan of The Who and of Pete and the music of both, deal
with the fact that Pete...a person I believe you look up to...is a very
spiritual person who believes in God?
Do you just want to knock him in the head and say "Pete, for fucks sake, get
real!" ?

Lastly,
what goes through your mind when you listen to songs like Pure 'n easy, or
lantern, or Baba O, or Gettin' in Tune, or Seeker,

Kevin in VT