Re: Pete reviews Kurt Cobain's journals

Well, I *thought* Pete wouldn't be able to resist responding to
the recently revealed comments from Kurt Cobain; I just believed
he'd do it on his website, not in a newspaper as part of a "re-
view" of the actual book.

Regardless, it was nice to see Pete get a few thinly veiled "re-
venge jabs" in his wonderfully written piece.  He remained calm &
focused throughout the review & succeeds in showing that Mr. Co-
bain wasn't the fully-developed, deep-thinking genius he is now
sometimes made out to be by fans & the press.

Let's take a look at the word choice in some of Pete's counter jabs.
I realize the quotes that follow are out of context; my goal here
is only to examine the phrases Pete has used to defend himself &
at the same time deflate the pomposity of Cobain's original, conde-
scending statement.

Below are some beautiful examples of a defensive yet controlled Pete
commenting on Mr. Cobain:

"...the scribblings of a crazed and depressed drug-addict..."

"...the resentful, childish, petulant and selfish desire to accuse,
blame and berate the world for all its wrongs..."

"...infantile scribblings..."

"...the scribblings of a once beautiful, angry, petulant, spoiled,
drug-addled middle-class white boy..."

"I sometimes get letters from people who write and draw like Cobain.
I put them in a file marked 'Loonies'..."

"...gothic in its grossness."

"...the striking but puerile, classroom-brat drawings..."

"...his resentments, his political naivety and his extraordinary
self-obsession...is simply sad."

"...so obviously sick, so mentally deranged, so angry and unstable..."

"A once beautiful, then pathetic, lost and heroically stupid boy."

Woe to the next immature rock musician who decides to berate Pete.

- SCHRADE in Akron