Re: The Versions Gulf

> > While on the subject of odd little tracks scattered about, the Who
> > Collection has the long stereo - well I assume it is real stereo not
> > processed - Magic Bus on it. I was only able to get this on cassette,

> OK, if I recall (never owned that one) it was a double LP which had the live version of
> My Generation (from LAL) instead of the studio, and the alternate version of Anyway
> Anyhow Anywhere (French single) on it, right? I've seen such an album which could have
> been called Who Collection, or something like that, and I THINK it had a live shot on the c
> over.

No, you're thinking of something else, Mark.  THE WHO COLLECTION is a two-record
greatest hits that came out on Polydoy in England in 1985 & was "marketed by" Impression
Records (IMDP 4).  It has a brownish cover with the WHO arrow logo in bright orange.  I
have it on vinyl.  I also have the promo poster for it.

Sounds OK if not slightly muddy.  Back of the album says:  "This album has been digitally
remastered at Pro Studios, and cut at Tape One Studios on a Neuman VMS80 to enhance
sound quality."

- SCHRADE in Akron