Who references lately - The tally grows!

>From: "Brian Wright"
>Subject: Re: Who references lately
>
>>2. Let My Love Open the Door is not only being used for Friends on NBC,
but is behind another current movie trailer >>which escapes me at the
moment. It might be for the other Adam Sandler movie which is out (or is it
the same one... I'm >>not >sure). In any event, it was there.

>It's on the promos for his movie Mr. Deeds just coming out on DVD

I've been amazed lately at all The Who all over TV these days.
Here's the tally just from this week (please add anything I may have
overlooked):

1) WAY on CSI
2) WGFA on CSI Miami
3) Let My Love Open the Door for Mr. Deeds movie
4) Let My Love Open the Door for Friends advertisement
5) Gettin' in Tune for new Adam Sandler movie Punch Drunk Love
6) Recent post of more Who being used in new Spike Lee film
7) Music from Tommy used in Clerinex ads.
8) Bargain used on Nissan ad.
9) Baba O used on Nissan ad.

Think about all the recent past uses of music by The Who:

1) Gettin' in Tune on Jerry Mcguire
2) The Seeker on American Beuty
3) A whole BUNCH of Who and Who references and images on Summer of Sam
I'm sure there's much more that I'm forgetting.....please add!

I'm not seeing *any* Stones on TV or in movies.
I'm not seeing *any* Zep on TV or in movies......well, that one car ad.
The only Beatles I've seen was around April, with the use of Taxman for some
company (bet they paid a pretty penny for that!)

So, what gives?
My wife offered a very telling and impressive explanation....
"The music of The Who seems more real, more human, easier to get close to"

We made passionate love right after that.
Ha!  Just kidding!

Kevin in VT