Re: Tommy Broadway Video???

"the_yat" <jim@yattaw.com> rE:

>Does anyone have a video of the Broadway version of Tommy (original
cast)???
>I heard somewhere that the New York City public library keeps a collection
>of videotaped Broadway productions and that Tommy was available.
>
>I'm fairly certain there have not been any "official" releases... how about
>any "less-than-official" releases?
>
>Thanks for any info!

There are boot videos of:

- Broadway rehearsals
- final Broadway matinee performance (date?)
- USA Touring Theatre Co. (city? date?)

plus TV spots:

- The Tonight Show (2 or 3 songs) 17 May '93
- CBS This Morning (Pinball Wizard) '93

In case you don't know about it, the only related official
release is "Tommy - The Amazing Journey" which is an hour
long look at "Tommy" and it's evolution to Broadway.

There very well could be more boots out there but above
are the only ones I'm familiar with. If you have any luck
with the NYC library, please let us know!

Stoo