Re: But what about the stuttering guitar?

> If this is the part I believe you're describing, it may
> interest you to know that it's not at all difficult to
> play. The string is just being slightly muffled (not being
> pressed firmly against the fret) which doesn't allow for
> the note to resonate fully. Add some quick up and down
> picking and you've got the sound.

*Roger* even employs it (albeit in an abbreviated way) at times on the
'82 live verson(s) of "Eminence Front" during the song's main riff:

    Doo Do-Do-Do (a-chucka-chucka-chucka) Doo Do-Do-Do.......

The "chuckas" being the "stuttering," of course.  :-)

- SCHRADE in Akron