Re: Who's and Two's Missing

In article <F1873Vp20N39x6HHGNZ00009988@hotmail.com>,
    "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>  writes:

> I'll agree that record companies aren't really interested in providing  for
> customers that are out of the mainstreamm but you have to allow them a
> little more than the costs of making a cd.

I'm not saying that they should sell the CD for cost.  I'm saying that
with CD producing technology there simply is no excuse for ever
letting a CD go out of print.  Hell, even just scanning the booklet
into a big database along with a digital copy of the CD contents and
providing a burner and color inkjet booklet printer with a secure
network connection at a retail outlet is all you need to keep something
in print!  This technological fact has been a reality for OVER A DECADE.

The record companies aren't interested in satisfying any demand for
product less than a bazillion units.  That's why all these "marketing
fees" that we pay on retail Who CDs don't end up in one cent being
spent on marketing the Who, but marketing britney spears' and the
like.  Its not like serving these niche demands are unprofitable, they
simply don't result in the GIGANTIC PROFITS to which the record industry
has become addicted.
--
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    izfree: Open source tools for Windows Installer