Re: Who (B)limp

> >I was watching a video boot of the Cleveland '89 show (a show I was
> > at - my first Who concert!) & it struck me (again) just how horribly
> > limp & lifeless that show (and tour) was.
>
> What a bummer for your first, Schrade!

I was actually very excited to see 'em & had fun at the show.  I was just
happy to get to see TED on the same stage!  I started getting into the Who
in '82 & didn't get to see them on that year's tour.  So when '89 rolled
around I thought, "Well this is it.  This'll be my only chance to see The Who
ever."

So, even though the presentation was bloated, I was still thankful I was get-
ting what I was getting.  "Take it or leave it, my son.  Take it or leave it."

> I was there too, somewhere around "second base" (were you the one with
> the Who shirt?)

Har!  I had front row, baby!  Right in front of OX.  Some dude sold me two
tickets he won off the radio ($300.00 for the pair - sounds like a bargain now).
And I wore my Quadrophenia, self-decorated trench coat, which I still have.
I always get compliments on that coat at Who functions.  Never let go of the
coat.

> Fortunately, the future gave us better.

Right!  If I'd have known what 2000 would bring, '89 would have REALLY
pissed me off!

> Rob in Cincy

Go, Reds!

- SCHRADE in Akron