Re: RES: 10 Greatest Guitarists/Vocalists & Why

I'm listening now Live at Leeds double cds, and I have
to say: PT is definitely the best guitarist ever!
I don't know very much about music, but I think that
the cords of Pete's guitar by then were thick and
heavy (for our disgrace, they aren't anymore - what is
RAH dvd compared to Live at Leeds?), mainly to sustain
the power chords, what became playing solos much more
difficult, and nevertheless PT were capable of doing
fine soloings without lose the function of give rhythm
(the alternation between both is brilliant and
genious!). I wonder if Clapton and Page have had to
use these Pete's guitars did they get the same effects
they are accustomed to... I don't think so!

10 greatest guitarists:

1- PT or Jinni Hendrix - I don't know yet
2- Jimmi Hendrix or PT - I don't honw yet
3- David Gilmour - PT gives his own certificate on him
on White City
4- Jeff Beck - in the Amnesty shows lets Clapton far
way back
5- Eric Clapton - the PT's admiration on him is well
known
6- Steve Howe
7- Robert Frip
8- George Harrison
9- John McLaughin
10- Pat Metheny

10 Greatest vocalists:

1- Roger Daltrey
2- Jon Anderson
3- PT
4- Peter Gabriel
5- Phil Collins
6- Roger Waters
7- Paul McCartney
8- Jonh Lennon
9- George Harrison
10- Bono Vox

I'm very british classic rock as you see - sorry by
that...