RE: New songs

>From: "Neil E. Weissman" <neilweissman@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: New songs
>
>If there were no new songs in 2000, what makes anyone believe there will
>be new ones in 2002.

Here's my thinking that is keeping a *glimmer* of hope on us seeing some new
songs this tour:
Pete has committed to going into the studio.  Last tour, he was only
thinking about it.
Pete has shut his web site down.  To me, he's focusing on something.  New
material for a new album???
And, Pete's bored.  What better way to alleviate boredom.

With that said, I personally don't believe we'll see new songs.  I hope, but
don't believe.  I do think we're gonna see some "less well known" gems.

>Plus, with Simon playing with Pete, he has no
>incentive to create new music, rather he can hide behind Simon.  He did it
>throughout the 1996/1997 tours.

Quad was a very different creature from what The Who is doing now.  Also,
Pete is a very different creature.  The Who is actually working together
now.  During Quad, it was like closing a chapter in a book that remained
unfinished for a long time.

>but they seem like they are going
>back to that more musical presentation.  Not good in my book.

Nor in mine.  I think Pete's smart enough though to recognize that the
recent success is due to him and his energy and *his* electric guitar
playing.
PLUS, The Who hasn't even asked Simon to play with them on tour.  Pete just
wanted Simon's help to work out some less known songs.
If Simon joins the tour, I hope it's in a *very* limited fashion.
The Stage is set for a grand Who tour and come back.
Adding Simon will only confuse the situation.
Rabbit is enough confusion for the standard "fan".

Kevin in VT