Lyrics

While we're on the subject of Who lyrics that move us, I have something
to add.  Lately I have become attached to the lyrics from Let's See
Action.  These in particular:

"I don't know where I'm going,
I don't know what I need,
But I'll get to where I'm gonna end up,
And that's alright by me."

That's become my motto as of late.  Because I don't think I need to have
my entire future planned out.  "I'll get to where I'm gonna end up, and
that's alright by me."  And of course the ending-

"Nothing is everything, everything is nothing."

So simple, and yet so brilliant.

And while I was looking up those lyrics on thewho.net, I came across the
lyrics for a song I've never heard before called "When I Was A Boy".
WOW.  Talk about powerful.  They are really powerful.

"When I was a baby I hadn't a care in the world,
But now I'm a man, my troubles fill my head,
When I was five it was good to be alive,
But now I'm a man, I wish that I were dead.

My how time rushes by,
The moment you're born you start to die,
Time waits for no man,
And your life's spent, it's over before you begin.

As I sit here at my window,
My life comes back to me,
It's been so long since the good days,
It's been so long.

And I count up all the wasted years,
The hopes and the fears,
The laughs and the tears,
And I wonder, I wonder, I wonder what went wrong.

When I was a boy I had the mind of a boy,
But now I'm a man, ain't got no mind at all,
When I was in my teens I had my share of dreams,
But now I'm a man, ain't got no dreams at all.

My how time rushes by,
The moment you're born you start to die,
Time waits for no man,
And your life's spent, it's over before you begin.

As I sit here at my window,
My life comes back to me,
It's been so long since the good days,
It's been so long.

And I count up all the wasted years,
The hopes and the fears,
The laughs and the tears,
And I wonder, I wonder, I wonder what went wrong."

And haven't we all been there?  When you get down and sit back and go,
what the hell is wrong with me? What the hell is happening to me?  Why
does my life suck?  etc etc.  This is some really powerful stuff, to me
at least.  What album is this one off of?

Nicole