Re: LIFE's list, Flock of Seagulls, If a tree falls...

Keets researched and reported:

> I've figured out what's going on with LIFE's list of best bands.  Did we
> break into the broker argument for a brief mention of that last week?

> TimeLife is marketing  a SIXTIES GOLD song collection, and their list of
> best bands is (of course) the list of bands in their offering.  Apparently
> they couldn't get much of a deal from Pete, which leaves The Who way down
> the list.  Plus, it's aimed at the hump in the (nostalgia) bell curve--it's
> all mainstream rock hits.

Keets:

Nice work "Watson"!  Follow the money trail every time.   I believe that
The Who have been short-changed their entire career because they would
not play ball.

Whoever posted the "Slitskirts" news (I believe it was Brian):

I enjoyed this very much.  Pete's hairstyle reminds me of "A Flock of
Seagulls".
This was a bad look for Pete IMHO.   When you are slave to fashion, you
end up hitting some peaks and falling into some valleys.   I prefer the
long beard, boiler suit, Doc Martin look.   As far as I'm concerned, Pete
should never wear a sport coat on stage, as he always seems to be fussing
with it when it covers his guitar.

List at large:

I was raised that when you ignore something, it will go away.
After all, WWBD (What Would Baba Do)?

Joe in Philly
Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.