Re: Question about Quadrophenia

Well, I for one, would love to get a chance to remaster
"Quadrophenia." I know well of its reputed *poorly
recorded* notoriety, but, damn, it was *still* during
Moonie's peak, and should have had much, much more
attention paid to the placement of the drums in the mix.

The cymbal work washes in and out in the mix right at
the moment that, in other recordings such as "Who->'s
Next" and "Thomas, " they are mixed up fat and sassy,
in your face.....-perfect- !!!!

For me, the remastered CD has the best mix on the drums,
and in many cases subtle guitar (and banjo in "I've Had
Enough") parts, and many vocal parts are mixed to the front
where they should be.

I own the original American LP, original British LP, the first
CD release, the Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs "Original Master"
GOLD CD, and  the remastered MCA CD, and find the best
of the lot to be the remastered MCA version.

But damn, I'd love just one month with unlimited studio time,
to try my hand remixing "Quadrophenia."

Still, the poorest recorded and mixed album of all is my
favourite!

AnEnglishBoy~

=========