Re: Jeff come home; Ticket terrorists

Good point.  People are far more important than an opinion.

Jon:

Yeah! I don't see why so many people get so worked up by an opinion in the
first place. And Hell, the more opinions the better the discussion. What's
the point of a group with messages like:

"The Who rule."

"Yeah, they're the greatest."

"Uh huh. Who's Next is the best album of all time. I love it."

"Me too."

Etc. etc. etc.

> Oh, it wasn't *that* bad.

Kevin:

I never said "bad" but merely "worse than the CD analogy."

> And you *can't* get bread anywhere when the Klingons (not Clintons) torched
> all of our grain.

What are you talking about, Willis?

> By what standard of measurement?

Alan:

"Money is the root of all evil." I didn't write it, but self interest has got
to be the lowest motivation and that I believe. There was a time, you may not
recall, but I remember President Kennedy saying "Ask not what your country
can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." Now we're stuck with
the politics of "I didn't have anything to do with Enron!" Sad. Bush is such
a loser compared to Kennedy. He states the obvious like it's important news
that we all need to know and don't already.

> ??? I can't imagine what part of my position is at all like Kevin's.

Both have to do with charging more than usual for an item.

  I'm > the *last* person you'll hear calling for some sort of managed "level
> field".

Good for you! You're a realist.

> It's good that you feel you don't need to make any more money.

I didn't say THAT! But money is not my main focus in life. I don't see
anything wrong with that. I'm not going to make myself miserable trying to
grub a few more bucks. When did being selfless become a crime? Oh yeah,
during Reagan.

  I'm just>  glad Henry Bessemer, Thomas Edison, John Rockefeller, Andrew
> Carnegie and
> many more inventors and industrialists felt differently so we could be
> having this conversation by computer instead of by tin cans and string.

You can thank Kennedy and NASA for our computers. But good for them, I'm not
inventing anything. Just selling CDs. If I can enlighten someone to music
that moves them for a low price, I'm happier than if I made more money. This
is just how I pay the bills while I write novels.

> behave as though there were a 100% income tax on your store gross above a
> certain level.

How's that? Just because I'm not drooling to fleece my customers?

> Pooh.  Had you followed up on the reading recommendation in my recent post,

With a title like that book I'm not looking at anything but a biased account.
I'll pass, thanks anyway. I remember what happened when it happened. You
don't find me recommending reading material that's biased the other way, so
don't expect me to join the stupid "blame Clinton for everything" book club.
Those people have serious brain damage. Really. They need extensive therapy.

> - -- those large fish that were preparing to swallow the minnows. This
> strategy, invisible to the media

Oh, THAT'S accurate. The media finds out anything EXCEPT that. HA! See, he's
already lost any credibility he might have had. No thanks. I don't need to be
told what to think.

      ''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe
            and what I believe-I believe what I believe is right."
                          George "I know what I mean" Bush

                      Cheers                        ML