thank you very much- someone understands

In a message dated 02/28/2002 3:55:48 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> What gives a person the right to buy all the bread in a store at 99cents,
> and then turning around and selling it at $4 a loaf to a bunch of starving
> people??
> During times of trouble there have been swift repercussions to people who
> sold gas and the sort at inflated prices to take advantage of unusual
> demand.

I used an example of brokers raiding music stores and buying up entire stocks
of a very popular new CD release, then gouging the public on prices since the
stores are sold out and consumers have no where else to go, and I was roundly
bashed for it.  Yes- it would be much more difficult to do this than buy up
good concert seats, but the principle is the same- and i believe in most
places such a practice would be illegal.  Your bread argument is very solid,
as well.

kevin mc