Re: y know.....

GenWalk83@aol.com wrote:

> even though it may be true that the who continuing with the tour is a money
> thing, they really have no other choice. if they cancelled the whole tour,
> that means the venues they'll be playing at will be pissed off because they
> lost a bunch of money they were expecting from this tour, and that would mean
> maybe a million dollars in debt for the who family.  I think going on with
> the tour is a brave move and it's nice that they're gonna do this as a
> tribute to John first and maybe the money thing last.    I actually have
> tickets for Jones beach and i'm gonna be there to cheer them on for they need
> me and the rest of that sold out crowd there for the support for, let's face
> it, this could be their last tour!

Wait a second here!!! John died! Take a fuckin' week off, have the wake &
funeral, reschedule the shows of the 1st leg, rehearse with the new member & then

resume. Do the 1st leg after the 4th leg in October. These venues are mostly in
areas that are warm. If they have to, change the venue. So they don't make as
much money as they were originally gonna make. Fuck it!!!

This nearly instantaneous decision to continue for John is the biggest bullshit I

can imagine. I can't even imagine it. Be decent, be human. Celebrate John for his

contributions with some respect. Fuck, they're only rock & roll shows. Allow the
fans to mourn their loss too. By continuing with the tour, before we have all had

our chance to mourn John's loss, would not allow everyone to deal with this
stunning turn of events in a proper way. Hell, after a brief period of mourning,
we then can, with all our hearts, enjoy these shows & welcome Pino to help honor
& celebrate John properly.

As far as losing a friend or co-worker and the idea of "going on with life" is
concerned, don't you go to the wake & funeral? Then if they are close to you, one

usually attends a gathering after the funeral to relax, eat, drink & remember the

person by telling stories & involvement with the person & finally laugh and
celebrate their existence. Then, one continues to "go on with life".

There is a proper & respectful way to do things, IMHO,

magik

ps- forgive me all, but this has been festering since the decision to continue so

soon was made on Friday. Fuckin' Friday, the day after he died.