Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #183

I agree...I said in my first note that I hoped Roger and Pete would find a way to go on. But as you say yourself, and as seen by the BC tribute, the problem is the timing. Even with the stand-in bass player waiting in the wings, they could have easily rescheduled the first leg of the tour.
But they're hurting now and they need some way to channel that pain. Pete tends to turn pain inward, which is dangerous, but Roger wants to hit somebody. That's what the tour is about now. Let him do it--it will make everybody feel better.

Or establish a sense of dignity and respect. Maybe dignity's not right for The Who? I don't know. I used to know, or at least I thought I did.
It's not.  Action is right for The Who just now.

I said "the band." Pete and Roger are not the band called The Who. With Pino they will not be The Who. With John they were. IMHO. If the band we called The Who ended here and now, it would not be a bad thing. IMHO.
Roger and Pete are now the living shareholders in The Who, but it still includes John and Keith. They will never dissolve The Who Group Ltd. for this reason. The Who will go on.

keets